Monday, May 2, 2011

Well, here I go, jumping into cyberspace!

So, here we are...a blog!  When I first understood what a blog was, I was watching the charming Amy Adams in her movie about Julia Childs.  It was an interesting idea, and I was amazed that people actually followed it.  Now, because I decided to join a quilt block exchange, I am joining the countless others talking to themselves (!?) on the computer.

At any rate, I am joining this exchange in an effort to reach out and find others who are as crazy about stitching as I am.  Friends and family know that I get the "DT's" if I can't stitch something, anything for more than a day at a time.  It is my meditation, my peace, and even my pain management as I head through each day with my arthritic knees and creaking titanium.

Those who have known me a while know that I do lots of kinds of stitching.  Quilting, apparel, home decor, knitting, crocheting, cross stitch, and onward.  If it has been invented I have probably tried it and stashed away enough materials to keep busy should the apocalypse actually occur.  If it hasn't yet been invented, I probably have dabbled in it's early creation.  I most likely spend at least five hours a day creating something, begrudingly cleaning the house during my stretching breaks.

I have a happy, simple life, and if you catch a glimpse of me I am usually smiling.  There are lots of bad things out there, but life itself is good!

So, there you have a little bit about me.  More later as we get going in this mysterious, and hopefully fun event unfolding!

1 comment:

  1. Love it!! As the recipient of many of your wonderful creations, I can attest to both your love of stitching and your amazing talent!!
    Best of luck with the blog!
    xo

    ReplyDelete